|Posted by Site Administrator on May 17, 2020 at 4:10 AM||comments (0)|
We are currently implementing the guidelines that Tennis Victoria have provided and expect to be open soon!
|Posted by Site Administrator on September 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM||comments (0)|
We are delighted to advise that Monaco's Continental Delicatessen & Food Store has generously offered to sponsor the St Cecilia’s Tennis Club in 2014 – 2015.
The Monaco families are well known to many St Cecilia families and Monaco’s is a household name around Camberwell, Glen Iris and surrounding suburbs. They have been heavily involved in a number of community and sporting clubs over many years and have been very generous with their time and money in supporting these local groups.
The Monaco’s have been regular members of our tennis club for years and a number of them still represent the club in the WDTA competition (Ashleigh and Cameron).
The sponsorship money has been put towards the purchase of club tennis shirts. These will be worn by all club representatives in local competitions commencing the Summer 2014/15 season. The cost of the shirts to members will be heavily discounted due to the sponsorship and will be only $11.00. The shirts are a Dri-Fit material and bear the club logo as well as Monaco’s.
Please join us in thanking Monaco’s for their support for the 2014 – 2015 year.
We ask that you reciprocate their support by visiting Monaco’s when you next need to stock the pantry or fridge.
Monaco’s Continental Delicatessen & Ford Store
Address: 525 Camberwell Road, Camberwell VIC 3124
Phone:(03) 9889 7198
Check out a recent review
St Cecilia's Tennis Club Committee
|Posted by Site Administrator on July 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM||comments (0)|
Thanks to everyone who attended the Family Open Day on Sunday 28th 2013. The weather was kind to us with over 50 people turning up to enjoy the activities including: -
- 10 boys and girls for the Hot Shots program
- About 16 Mums, Dads and kids doing the Cardio program
- Nine doubles teams playing in the Round Robin event
Lots of sausages and soft drinks were also enjoyed (and a few beers).
A special thank you to Gerry Mustey for her 'on court' efforts running the Hot Shots and Cardio programs.
Look out for our next Family Open Day scheduled for November 2013.
|Posted by Site Administrator on July 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM||comments (0)|
Come one come all!
The St Cecilia’s Parish Tennis Club invites you to an Open Day on:
Sunday 28th July 2013
From 2pm – 5pm
- Hot Shots – Sessions @ 2.15pm and 3.15pm
- Cardio Tennis – Sessions @ 2.45pm (half session) and 3.45pm (full session)
- BBQ Sausage Sizzle
- Soft Drinks
- Beer and Wine for the Adults
- Mixed Doubles Round Robin (father/son, mother/daughter etc.)
Please book your Cardio Tennis and Hot Shots session with Gerry Mustey on 0417 544 641
Note: Hot Shots session for children aged 4 – 7 years
Other Information - please contact any member of the committee
Jon Brittain – 0416 167 155 Bryan Cain – 0418 320 525
Phil Bainbridge – 0411 072 821 Gerry Mustey – 0417 544 641
Stuart Beasley – 0405 135 482 Judy Hess – 0420 280 126
Carl Nunan – 0425 739 127 Tim Bilston – 0400 377 165
Patty McLoughlin – 0426 253 181
|Posted by Site Administrator on May 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM||comments (0)|
President's Report and General Update
Some exciting things have occurred around the club in the first four months of 2013.
1. We have launched our website stctennis.webs.com
2. We have run the first of our Family Fun Days
3. We have seen some excellent results from the eight teams that played during the 2012 summer season in the WDTA and JVCLTA competitions
It is hoped our new website will be used to communicate regularly with our members. Fixtures and results and club news will now be posted on this site. It is also hoped that visitors to the club will find us a little easier as it has been confusing for visiting teams for many years due to the number of alternative courts we use through out a season.
Family Fun Day
We had our first family fun day on Sunday 17th March from 2.00 - 5.00.
Despite the weather beinga bit overcast some forty club and non club members attended and enjoyed the tennis, BBQ and drinks. Highlights of the day were the jumping castle for the kids and the cardio tennis, run by Gerry Mustey. The cardio tennis was extremely popular for adults and children however probably more so for the kids who got to see their parents run around foolishly.
Our next Family Fun Day has been set for 28th July 2013 - please mark this in your diary!
2012 Summer Competition
The club has started the 2013 tennis calendar with some excellent results over the 2012 - 2013 summer season. A full wrap up of results can be found on the "Results and Stats" page on our website.
The committee held a general meeting on Sunday 5th May and the following issues were addressed:
1. Drainage of lower court - we have had this inspected and the court complies with the drainage plan establsihed as part of the construction. Sheeting and drainage were installed behind the retaining wall between the two courts and also behind the retaining wall below the clubhouse. We are arranging for a tennis court maintenance service to run an agitator over this court. The agitator will break up the crust (mixture of sand and dirt) that forms over time in the matting. This crust reduces the ability of water to drain across the surface so the agitator will break it up, remove it and replace it with fresh sand. This should enhance drainage as it allows water to drain naturally through the fibres of the carpet.
Separately we have purchased one large squeegee to trial on the court. If successful we will purchase more of these.
2. Introduction of Club tennis polo shirt for Competitions - the committee are investigating the feasibility and cost of introducing a Club Polo shirt for commemcnement of the Summer 2013 season. More to follow.
3. Introduction of Team Manager meeting - commencing again in the Summer 2013 season we will run a short team managers meeting to ensure our managers know the expectations of the role and the rules and by-laws of the competition.
4. Working with Children Checks - a decision was made in principle for all committee members and team managers to hold a current working with children check. The club will produce a policy to this effect and will align with the recommendations of Tennis Australia and other sporting bodies.
5. General housekeeping issues including purchasing some additional clubhouse items.
We hope everyone is enjoying the Winter competition. If you have any questions please direct them to:
Membership - Jon Brittain or Phil Bainbridge
Coaching - Gerry Mustey
Competition / Fixtures - Gerry Mustey or Patty McLoughlin
Thanks and best wishes
|Posted by Site Administrator on April 17, 2013 at 7:05 AM||comments (0)|
The St Cecilia’s Parish Tennis Club Junior Club Championships and Junior Tournament (for non members) was held on Thursday 20th December at Glen Iris Valley Tennis Club.
The day benefitted from outstanding weather with over 45 children participating in a range of events including singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
- 13 years & over – round robin event with two highest scorers through to a final
- 12 years & under – 1st round losers through to a plate round robin event with highest scorers through to the plate final
- 10 years & under – round robin with coaches feeding the balls to commence play – best of four game sets. Winner of each division plays against each other for final rounds.
Congratulations to the following players:
10 years & under
Boys & Girls
Winner – Ben Tricarico
Runner Up – Ethan Amalfi
Winner – Harry McLean and Sam Briggs
Runner Up – Ben Tricarico and Jack Livens
Doubles - Plate event (1st round out)
Winner – Callum Cooper and Dylan Christo
Runner Up – Lucy Bilston and Joel McMahen
Doubles - Plate event (2nd round out)
Winner – Michael Roussos and Will O’Callaghan
Runner Up – Hamish Toohey and Sam Herdman
12 years & under
Winner – Julius Pompei
Runner Up – Toby Lane
Winner – Alex Bland
Runner Up – Lucy McCarthey
Winner – Julius Pompei and Oliver Bilston
Runner Up – Toby Lane and Declan Ryan
Boys – Plate event (1st round out)
Winner – Max Dahlstrom
Runner Up – Hamish Serpell
Boys – Plate event – Round robin (2nd round out)
Winner – Oliver Bilston
Runner Up – Joseph Ayton-Delaney
Doubles – Plate event (1st round out)
Winner – Max Dahlstrom and Joseph Ayton-Delaney
Runner Up – Lucy McCarthey and Alex Bland
13 years & over
Winner – Ben Toohey
Runner Up – Jake Mackenzie
Winner – Ben Toohey and Jake Mackenzie
Runner Up – James Briggs and Cameron Monaco
Winner – Jake Mackenzie and Abby Chapman
Runner Up – Cameron Monaco and Bridie Brittain
Daniel Lagastes Cup (presented by Joel Lagastes)
Derek Arthurs Award (tennis racquet)
We’d like to thank Gerry Mustey for organising the event and Judy Buckley for cooking the BBQ and supplying drinks to all the children. Thanks also to Carmel Ryan, Tony Ryan, Jordan Sinclair, Bridie Brittain, Abby Chapman and Chelsea Bainbridge.
|Posted by Site Administrator on April 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM||comments (0)|
President’s Report – Jon Brittain
The recent AGM saw various committee positions shuffled amongst the existing members of the committee. This was decided mostly to provide some committee members with a well earned ‘holiday’ after many years of dedicated service. In particular Phil Bainbridge has stepped into the Vice President’s role after many years guiding the club.
Phil’s job has been challenging for much of his time as President as he coped with limited courts, no clubhouse and then, eventually, the new clubhouse construction. I’d like to thank Phil for his dedication and commitment to the club during this time and acknowledge his patience in dealing with the challenges of the role during his tenure.
I’d also like to thank Andrew Dean and Grace Cannata for their many years of dedicated service as they step down from committee duties.
Over the next 12 months the St Cecilia’s tennis club hopes to encourage more members from within the parish. We will be running several junior and senior club events including the return of the open club tournament.
The clubhouse was officially opened by Father Gerard Dowling on Sunday 19th February 2012. Many past and present committee members and club members were present to watch the cutting of the ribbon. It was a pleasure to hear stories about the club’s past glories – champion players and special club events to the likes of Mildura.
The 100 or so attendees enjoyed a beautiful afternoon with plenty to eat and drink.
Our thanks to Father Dowling and Mary for making themselves available to attend our special day.
Many thanks to the helpers who generously supported us with catering, bar work, BBQ and clean up.
Court Access – after 1st August 2012 Access
A combination padlock has been in use to the main gate (Van Ness Avenue) since late last year to better restrict and control access to the courts. The combination will be updated on 1 August to coincide with payment of annual subscriptions. In order to obtain access you will be provided with the combination code on receipt of your annual subscription. Please do not tell people the combination, if they do not know they are not members.
Court fees for Guests
We have recently erected a post box outside the coaches store room (outside court two). We have also displayed instructions for use of the courts and payment terms for non members visiting our club. To recap the visitor’s fee is $5 ($2 for juniors). Members must be present with guests, please do not provide access to the courts to non members unless you are to remain with them.
The clubhouse is also available for use during tennis by all members. We have distributed the clubhouse key to various committee members and you are encouraged to contact one of the names below to collect the key.
Jon Brittain – 3 Fakenham Road, Ashburton. Phone: 9885 2802
Phil Bainbridge – 61 Celia Street Glen Iris. Phone: 9889 1072
Carl Nunan – 19 Hillside Parade Glen Iris. Phone: 9889 6291
Patty McLoughlin – 35 Ashburton Road Glen Iris. Phone: 9813 8773
Stuart Beasley – 2 Highgate Grove Ashburton. Phone: 9886 0079
Bryan Cain – 25 Malvern Avenue Glen Iris. Phone: 9889 3982
Note that the key must be returned immediately after use. Any damage to the clubhouse should be reported